Thursday, September 19, 2013

Beau or Bow?! Gender Reveal Party!

What's going on with this new trending tradition of Gender Reveal Parties?! Let truth be told, if there's another reason to celebrate such an exciting time in our life then count me us in! Actually, when I first found out that I was pregnant, I had watched a short clip of a random gender reveal party and as soon as I saw the precious reaction of the momma-to-be as she sliced into a cake to discover she had her little pink girl on the way...I just knew I wanted to do that and that I would cry like a baby over my own little baking bundles ;-)
I had my 13 week NT scan to check the entire health of the babies. And we were lucky enough that both of the babies were cooperating to play some show-and-tell! We had told the Doctor to not give us any clues as to what genders she found. We left the office with a sealed envelope disclosing Baby A and Baby B! We were so grateful that they were healthy and growing exceptionally well! It was at that point that the scare of miscarrying early could finally leave my heart.
So, it was Tuesday and we had this envelope. I knew that I couldnt' wait longer than a week to find out the genders and so we quickly put together a small party on Saturday for our close friends and family to come and celebrate with us to find out the big reveal! Aaron helped me make the invitation on Powerpoint (thank goodness for that 7th grade powerpoint class!) to be able to send through emails and text messages. Rushed parties are never fun when putting together the invitation list because it's so easy to forget friends!


Cutting out felt bows, mustaches, and accessories kept me busy during the evenings and nap times.
Does the fabric backdrop look familiar? It's the same banner that I used for Savannah's first birthday party. Repurposing keeps things SO cheap! I simply removed all of the pink fabric strips and replaced it with fun grey/yellow prints and patterns. It's been hanging on the wall as the headboard for our grey/yellow guest room for the past year. 
Guest room-turned-twin nursery ;-)
As soon as our lovely guests arrived, they were able to cast their vote! Beaus, Bows or Both?! I had felt bows and paper mustaches glued to pins to choose from. I made the voting sign by using cardboard from a diaper box and covered it with a coat of chalkboard paint. I picked up the darling aqua-colored doilies from Michael's a few years ago in the $1 bins. It's times like these when I am SO grateful that there was actually a time in our marriage that we had an income, hehe.
My sweet momma's from our little baby buddy group! Each of these ladies are the most supportive and loving people I have ever met. I'm so blessed to call them my friends. 
My incredibly fun girls from my church!! We keep each other sane by always being there for one another.
Moments before the big reveal, we gathered together to snap a photo of our guesses on Beaus, Bows or Both!
Bows!
Both!
Beaus!
On Tuesday night, I rallied a few friends to come over to help me make these confetti poppers that I would use to reveal the babies genders. We punched out tons of blue and pink circles from scrapbook paper that I had on hand. We also chopped up lots of cardboard toilet paper rolls into thirds. Then, we wrapped tissue paper around them and sealed only one side with a twine knot. I sent my sweet friend Melanie home that evening with a batch of 50 of these poppers, along with the pink and blue confetti circles, extra twine to tie up the poppers, and a sealed envelope. I was completely envious of her that entire today. But my curiosity was somehow managed with feeling so excited to pop those confetti poppers at the party a few days later!
Confetti poppers were passed around to everyone 
Three!..... Two!..... One!.......


 
My heart nearly exploded after seeing blue and pink flying around the house after bursting open the poppers! It was exactly what I had hoped it would be, even though I was super happy and prepared for two sweet boys or girls. I can't even begin to thank my Heavenly Father for this special way he has chosen to expand and bless our family. I wouldn't have asked for it. When I heard of a family with newborn twins the word to cross my mind was always CIRCUS! But I can feel that the Lord is blessing my heart to grow anxiously excited to meet our Ethan Aaron and Charlotte Lila. Oh boy, even simply typing their names causes me to turn into a basket-case of tears. 
Yours truly, Me

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! How cute. I didn't realize that you found out the same time the guests did. I'm just barely hearing about doing it that way. I'm so excited for you. I love the way you've decorated the rooms and everything I've seen so far. I wish I had that decorator's touch, but I don't :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! Congrats you two! What a fun way to find out what the gender is. I must say, good choice on the names. I may or may not be biased on the name Ethan. It's suited our Ethan pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very creative! And of course Dad and I are thrilled to have such a fun blessing in our family:) We will be super happy to come help...yes even stay up nights, change diapers and rock restless babies!

    ReplyDelete