6 Month Stats:
weight: 17.3 lbs (60th%)
height: 26.4 inches (60th%)
head: 16 inches (3rd%)
- You are an official sitter! You're getting better and better each day with suppressing the infant twitch-i-ness that would always cause you to topple right over onto the floor. I love how independent you are becoming.
- It's not often that you'll stay sitting up now that you are crawling! Emotions in the home are on much happier grounds now that you can go and get whatever your adorable little heart wants! Crawling has been the best thing ever. It is so fun to watch you zip around the rooms to grab a toy or when you spot the shiny tile or marble floors. We can't get over it. We thought you were so funny when you crawled off the carpet and onto the chilly marble floors. You didn't like your knees to touch the cold floors and so you held the plank position the entire time.
- You have become the pull-up-to-stand, side-scaling, drawer-opening queen of the house all of while getting your slobbery raspberry-blowing on. Now.... if you can only learn to sit down after realizing you're freaked out from standing up so high. Oh boy.
- You are very into yourself. Seriously. Mirrors, pictures and video clips (not of everyone... just you.) Quite often will I find you coo-ing and smiling while you're crawling on my bed, only to see that you have found your reflection in the bathroom mirrors 10+ feet away. Perhaps a slice of humility will be coming your way ;-)
- You're getting awesome with holding your own bottle. You're pretty much a rock star.
- Your personality has evolved so much this past month. You are so full of love already. You aren't shy to express your likes and dislikes. You have become quite feisty this month! If you like it-you want it. If you don't like it, you let everyone know about it. With all of your new skills and tricks I have to remind myself that you are still a tiny baby!
- We took a road trip to visit your Crossley family and you had such a ball. So much love and attention. They couldn't believe what a smiley baby you are. But I think you just get so bored at home that when we go out you're flirting with anyone and everyone interesting. You are very loved baby girl!
- You've started eating little puffs and yogurt bites. You love them! You've also been inhaling oatmeal and your jars of fruits/veggies. You haven't shown a preference to any flavor quite yet. It all depends on if you're in the mood to focus on eating.
- Blasted ear infections! You had one at your 6 month visit and you still are rubbing your ear in an irritating fashion.
- You're still rocking the sleeping schedule with 11 hours a night. You know how much momma appreciates a good night's sleep. And I love waking up to your songs and growls! You aren't falling asleep for your naps as easily but you eventually give in. Schedules have not been a breeze to establish but you have proved time and time again that it is the best thing (for all of us!) and totally worth it. Your typical schedule has evolved to this:
8:00- milk. play
11:30- milk. play
3:00- milk. play
6:30- milk. play
Oh, I just love this stage! You act like you are excited about life- and it's so fun to be around you! Thank you for being such a good girl, Hunnybuns. I'm so grateful to be your momma. Nearly every time I leave your room after putting you down for a nap, I'll have a mild 'freak out' moment. It's quite humbling to realize that you have utterly stolen my heart. I would feel broken if I ever lost you. You are such a joy in our home! I hope you are always happy, baby girl. Happy doesn't even begin to describe how your daddy and I feel about you. Love you forever and ever.