Friday, July 23, 2010

Our Favorite Fajita's

Fajitas are always our first choice at any Mexican restaurant! I could live off fajitas and Chili's chips & salsa w/ avocado ranch... forever. I'd be even happier if Coke Zero was in that picture. With that aside, this marinade makes the best fajitas EVER. Try these if you really want to impress your family and make a dish that will put all of those hole-in-the wall Tex-Mex shops to shame. 

Fajitas Marinade
1/4 C fresh lime juice
1/3 C water
2 T vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
3 t vinegar
2 t soy sauce
2 t liquid smoke
1 t salt
1/2 t chili powder
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t ground black pepper
1/4 t onion powder
optional: minced jalapeños, depending on how hot you like it
For the Fajitas:
-Boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large ones). Steak is also great.
-Bell Peppers (about 3 large ones) I always use RedYellow, and Orange because they're the sweetest, but you can use whatever you like. 
-1 Onion. I prefer a red one just because the color looks so great in there.
Mango Salsa- mango, purple onion, jalapeno, lime, cilantro, salt, and garlic.

Pico de Gallo-tomatoes, purple onion, jalapeno, lime, cilantro, and salt.

Sincerely, Little Bakin' Blonde

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I am going to try it! I love the HEB brand of preseasoned fajitas, but you can't buy that in Utah, so I will definitely have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog through tiff, it will be fun to keep in contact :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE MANGO SALSA!! YUM! and great pics!

    ReplyDelete