Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day.

I realized something a couple days ago. One year ago from today, we saw the unfamiliar plus+ sign on a pregnancy test. And I can't think of a better time to celebrate this Mother's Day weekend, in remembering one of the most blessed feelings that my heart has ever experienced. The day I truly felt the Lord bless me with my very own miracle. With His timing. In His own way.

I know that this weekend can be a sad time for those who feel a painful prick in their heart.
My heart is heavy today for the women who dream of becoming a mother and having a home full of tiny feet running around only to realize their dream won't play out the way they had hoped for. I think of you often. A new humility and sensitivity has entered my spirit when it comes to this subject. The struggle of loss and infertility is one that brings you to your knees while feeling utterly helpless. It provokes a faith and determination, through the pain and heartache, to try to make a dream become a beautiful reality. Which is why I am so comforted with the knowledge that the Lord offers His atonement to everyone. It is calming to my heart. Every part of my soul feels that the Lord is making the parenthood they will surely experience, whether it is in this life or in the next, become even that much sweeter by introducing them to the heartache early. Each of the anxiety and desperate pleas on their behalf instills a more beautiful and pure appreciation for the specialness that children bring into their lives. 



I was just thinking about the heartache I know I will feel in parenting Savannah as she grows up. Sometimes when I want to complain, I make my mind go to the painful hearts of those hurting. The love of a mother is a love that I have never experienced before. You love so much you ache. It awakens a new perspective. It is such a window into how our Heavenly Father loves us.

Unconditional.

Unimaginable.

Elizabeth Stone said, "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

Happy Mother's Day to all our Momma's
A gracious thank you to my two momma's and hubs for the beautiful gifts in celebrating my first Mother's Day. I'm so lucky to now have grandma moon and grammie crossley to spoil and love my baby girl. It's a beautiful cycle.


This comic couldn't be more fitting when I think of my own supermom and the amazing love and perseverance she maintained while raising me. You rock.

Yours truly, Me

1 comment:

  1. So proud to have you as you as my daughter! What a wonderful mother you are! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete